[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 222 and Up Contest

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 07:58:56 EDT 2022

ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2022

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
222: 39
432: 47
903:
1.2: 22
2.3:
3.4:
5.7:
10G:
24G:
------------
Total: 108 Total Score = 44,026

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Team: Really Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Making distant contacts with poor band conditions was challenging.
It came down to you either got a lucky QSB peak right away,
or had nothing no matter how many times you tried.
Still had a few nice distant contacts, notable WW2Y FN24 on 1296
with only 10 Watts on CW. An example of riding the peaks was when
I saw N2JMH FN12 getting strong on 222, I asked to try 1296
and we worked easily. My totals were 18 grids on 222, 21 grids on 432,
and 11 on 1296. Mix was 68 QOS's on SSB, 21 CW, and 19 FT8.
Thanks for the QSO's.

73 Ron WZ1V