[VHFcontesting] Support for KA6U's Grand Tour of the States...

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Sun Aug 28 22:54:09 EDT 2022

As most EME ops know, Peter-KA6U has been on a "Grand Tour" of the US
states.  He has operated on 1296, 432, 222, and 2M EME from 45 states in
the US(maybe more, I lost count).  He has been instrumental in new WAS
awards for 222MHz and 1296MHz.  There may have been a 432 WAS in there
somewhere too.

Peter has told me that the costs for this extended rove has been in
excess of $25,000 and in particular the costs have been 50% higher than
originally planned.  This is due to the current economic situation here
in the US--very high gas prices, food prices, costs for motel rooms, and
everything else.

I want to ask those of us in the EME community that have benefited from
this historic "Grand Tour of the States", to make some donations to
Peter to help with his unprecedented costs. If we can provide more
support for Peter, he can do more roves. Peter's PayPal address is
petervanh143 at gmail.com.

I have made a substantial donation towards Peter's expenses and I
challenge other VHF ops to do the same.  I thank you for your help.

73 Marshall K5QE