[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Wed Dec 21 11:41:11 EST 2022

Hi Tom,

I am impressed that you got all that stuff together at this time of
year.  I was going great guns but then the xyl got covid and then I got
it from her.  At first, I tested negative, but a 2nd test was very
positive and I have been in bed for a week.  I am really sorry that I
could not be on Tuesday night, but the trek up the hill is just too
strenuous for me right now.   I am sure we could have worked as WA1NLG
is very workable here in Mumbo-Jumbo land.

I looked at Good Buddy Ron's list of QSOs for Tuesday night, and the
activity was quite good for December and just a few days away from
Christmas.  I always like to eavesdrop on the ON4KST chat page to see
what others were doing around the country. Unfortunately, I could not do
that this time, but in the last few sessions, I saw many attempts at
contacts by midwest and SE stations and that is a great sign too.

Today, I am feeling a bit better and I hope I am getting over this just
in time for the next monster storm!!

73

Dave K1WHS