[VHFcontesting] February 1st is Tuesday, and that means 222 Activity Night

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 1 14:22:26 EST 2022

Hi VHFers,

This is a friendly reminder that today is 222 Night, so make some plans
to show up right after dinner. I had been starting at 2300 UT in the
early winter before the shack became inaccessible. It was really dark by
then, and an early start made sense.  I would always run in to W1XR or
W9KXI, so I know that some people are listening.  You can get on any
time, but I know that activity in the northeast USA is usually over
around 02:30 UT or 9:30 local time here on the East coast. I am chomping
at the bit to get on, but, with the last storm, travel through the woods
now requires snow shoes. I have no way to haul any gear.  This is making
me plan to get things back together as soon as enough snow melts so I
can get back up there.  Maybe I can be there for mid March?  That is
only a month and a half now. It all depends on Mother Nature!

So warm up the gear and make some noise on 222 MHz this evening.

73

Dave K1WHS