[VHFcontesting] KG6CIH/R plans

Chris Lumens chris at lumensoutdoors.org
Thu Jan 13 18:11:12 EST 2022

Wow is it gonna be cold in New England this weekend.  At my house, they
are saying 10F with 15 mph winds on Saturday when the contest starts,
and just getting colder throughout the day.

That's way too cold to sit on the side of the road in a truck for hours
at a time, to say nothing of having to set up and tear down all this
metal crud repeatedly.  So I'm just going to skip Saturday and instead
head out early on Sunday, when it's still going to be cold in the
morning but at least it'll get warmer.

My schedule is (all times Eastern):

* Sun 9:30am to 11:30am - Westborough MA water tower, FN42fg
* Sun 2:00pm to 4:00pm  - Hogback VT, FN32ou
* Sun 5:45pm to 6:15pm  - Another ham's driveway, FN33wb
* Sun 7:30pm to 9:30pm  - Another ham's driveway, FN43cd

The third stop is really only to support local stations.  I don't expect
to get out far at all, which is why I'm also not going to be there long.

I will be active on all bands through 10 GHz with reasonable power and
antennas.  I have moderate sized beams on the bottom four, long loopers
and 2 W on the next four microwaves, and a 60cm dish and 2-3 W on 5 GHz
and 10 GHz.  I can do phone and poor CW while roving.

If you think you can get me at any of these stops, please reach out with
your phone number or email ahead of time.  I will respond to text
messages while roving, but I don't monitor any chat pages or anything.
I'd love to make enough contacts to make freezing out there worth it.

I may additionally be active at home as a fixed station on 6m digital
only during Saturday, without the /R.  I haven't decided.  So if I am
and you catch me Saturday, please look for me again Sunday.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell