[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] VHF contest

Buck Calabro kc2hiz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:17:59 EST 2022

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 at 16:53, David Olean <k1whs at metrocast.net> wrote:

> If you can't beat 'em...join 'em. I am home and tried to do some FT-8 on
> six with an 80 meter doublet fed with crappy ladder line. I have worked
> NH and MA. I also heard WA1T.  Gosh this is exciting.
>
> I'll keep an eye on six meters for some DX.  N1SV was -20 here.
>
> Dave K1WHS

Cold here in upstate NY.
W2SZ has cobbled a setup together and we intend to be on the air
around noon Eastern (1700 UTC) on Sunday (hey, that's today!)
6M is a work in progress, but it's close.
2M is probably not going to happen unless the stars align just so.
No amps on either of those.
222, 432, 902, 1296, 2304, 3456, 5760, and 10368 are all just about
ready to go, with usual power levels.

We are in FN22xu.

Since no 2M, I'll try to monitor ON4KST.
My cell is 518-229-4114 and I hope it works on the hilltop - you know
how that goes.

There will be several operators among the two trucks, and I can't
speak for everyone's operating style, but I myself will spend lots of
time on SSB/CW. There are so many people on digital, if you want QSOs,
you have to be there. It sure is exciting to see some teeny tiny FT8
signal 350 miles away; it's less exciting to see someone 5 miles away,
but I think I feel the same about a CW contact. Anyway I'll try to
work as many SSB and CW people as I can!

very 73 de Buck, KC2HIZ