[VHFcontesting] Generators

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Sun Jul 10 12:18:26 EDT 2022

I too have an E2000, which has served well with
only a bit of noise at the low end of 20M.  This
FD I had a problem, discovered before FD, which
caused me to have to borrow another E2000 from
a friend.  The borrowed unit clobbered 15M, and
I put my line filter in the system to clear 80.  It would
appear that all E2000 units are not exactly the same.

As to the problem I had, a word to the wise who have
the E2000.  I'd left the unit on my porch all spring after
a March checkout, and the local bees, my good friends
who I encourage in every way, went in thru the exhause
hole into the muffler, built a nest, and the service people
could not clear the muffler no matter how they tried.
Thus....$199 for new mufler, spark suppressor, gaskets,
and labor.

Still a damn good generator.  Starts easy, uses only a drop
of gas, and the RFI problems are within reason, if any
pop up.

de K8RYU