[VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the CQ WW VHF contest.....

Pete K0BAK rxr978-vhf at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 20:27:07 EDT 2022

 For terrestrial modes, there's no conflict between"Stations in the contest will not be able to post if they are making contacts via CW / SSB or FT8." and "All stations are allowed to use QSO Alerting Assistance."
because:You can read and use spots and other info, but you can't write (post, type a chat, etc.) info that assists others to contact you. A prohibition against what most contests call "self-spotting", while still allowing passive assistance.
CQ WW VHF rules could use some editing (most contests' rules should be written more clearly), but the intent in this instance is clear IMHO.
-- Pete K0BAK, barely active VHFer so don't take advice from me