[VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 MHz EME Weekend wrapup.

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue May 17 10:12:16 EDT 2022

Hi Grant,

I did see that you came on after I went QRT. I should have stayed up,
but these old bones can't do what they used to do when I was younger.  I
used to be on 144 EME every night when the Moon was in positive
territory around the Universal Wondow, and up across the USA. Then I
would go to work the next morning!   That regimen would kill me now!

Thanks for the report and the aurora comments.  I was always fascinated
by the scintillation effects during geomagnetic disturbances.  I miss
hearing those weird hollow sounds as the CW note went through disturbed
ionospheres!

I am updating my 222 station, adding a new cavity preamp box, a solid
state PA, and even a new 10 MHz locked transverter.  Not sure what
happens to the old un locked transverter and 8877 PA. They work great
I'll probably use them as "spares" in case of an emergency!

73

Dave