[VHFcontesting] Found another Ham Radio Unicorn

k3sk at buckwalter.co k3sk at buckwalter.co
Tue May 24 20:08:54 EDT 2022

I went to Hamvention with several things on my list.   One was a second Icom
IC-9700, hopefully used to save some bucks.    Well, I found one that looks
and smells like new at a good price.   Now I have a backup for 2m, 70cm &
23cm.    The other radio on my list I did not really expect to find.    It
was the rare Icom IC-375A 220 all-mode.   I have one I picked up a few years
ago online at an excellent, almost give-away price and I wanted a "spare".
I walked the flea market 3 times and I gave my son a picture of one so he
could look also.     Neither of us saw one, although I did see my first Icom
IC-575A 1296 rig.    I passed on it as I have 3 rigs that cover 23cm.

Then, at home on Monday morning, much to my amazement an IC-375A popped up
on the QRZ for sale page.   It had only been listed 4 minutes when I saw it.
It's now in the mail headed my way.

de K3SK
Dave Buckwalter
FM07 - Farmville VA