[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue Oct 18 21:59:59 EDT 2022

Wow! That is great, Ron.  Things must have been hopping for sure. I quit
a tad before 7:30 PM and headed home for the Zoom meeting. It went very
well, and I was very surprised and pleased to see Terry W0VB in the Zoom
audience. Terry is 220 MHz WAS #1. Also had N9HF in attendance, so it
was almost Old Home Week!

I did manage to work Howard, WA3EOQ on CW with pretty fair signals and
also N1JEZ, WB2SIH, W1LE, and W9KXI in addition to yourself!  I am
really sorry I had to quit early, but the radio talk went well. I
discussed antenna stacking and specifically how to stack many different
VHF antennas on the same mast. The question and answer period shortly
evolved into minimum requirements for digital EME. I am not the guy to
answer that, but suggested two yagis and 500 watts on 144 as a good
starting point so that you could have some fun.  There were some old
hands at VHF along with new hams who only have their shack on a belt so
far, so it was a diverse audience!

Hopefully I can make 432 on Wednesday night. I have removed several
beverage antennas as this week I am having a construction company come
to repair my woods road up to the shack. The truck bounces around so
much now that my fillings fall out!  They will smooth it out some I hope.

73

Dave K1WHS