[VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] [222Activity] 222 Nite Summary

n4is at comcast.net n4is at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 18:08:00 EDT 2022

Hi guys

Just to share some information about Florida & New England. First time I hear about it was 1997, several QSO's on 432. Then I learned QSO's on 1296 MHz from Florida and Cuba way up to W1 W2 land. Last QSO I know about was W1ZC  NH and WB4OMG in FL. This path opens every year or two in October. When I asked Dick how he knew about the opening, he said the APRS map was red down to, and he started to call CQ on 432.

APRS does help if you call CQ.

73's
JC
N4IS