[VHFcontesting] Please make frequent use of SSB and CW in the September contest!

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue Sep 6 16:39:52 EDT 2022

I would agree with Gerry. I hope to be lurking around in the Sept
Contest and will be on 222 & 432 CW and SSB.  I could get on six meters
but it is almost all FT8, so I am inclined to let it be. Too bad because
the four seven element yagis and the 3CX3000A7 work so well.  It was a
killer setup!

The cost of a portable setup for me is not trivial, with diesel fuel at
over $5 per gallon, so I do not plan a full time operation at all.  Look
for me on 222 and 432 on CW or SSB. I still do not have my 144 yagis
running yet. I did manage to get the tower for it started. I plopped a
Rohn 45 section on the concrete !  Maybe I can prop a 144 yagi in a tree
for the weekend?

My plan is to be analog only, but I sure like to use meteor scatter. It
is a lot more fun than FT8 and is an effective way to spend late
evenings and very early mornings.

73

Dave K1WHS