[VHFcontesting] 222 activity night

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 21 11:48:55 EDT 2022

Hi Dave: You did terrific with the lower power.
Last year I purchased an Ampere Time 50 AH LiFePo4
for emergency power. They make them up to 400 AH.
Very happy with it, it has the built-in BMS and
stays above 13 VDC for most of the discharge cycle.
I'm planning on getting their 100 AH battery for an upgrade.
I paired it with a Bioenno Power BPC-1510A charger from HRO.
Very reasonably priced battery, runs my FT-991A up to 100W
for most of a day. I designed my own DC-DC UPS which
instantly switches my radios to it if AC power fails.
A classic KISS design with no voltage drop across it.
I probably should write it up for an article in Newsletter.
I put a large powerpole connector at the battery for connection
to the UPS, and a smaller one for the charger and other uses.
The battery is very light and easy to disconnect to take
with me for operating portable on 10 GHz etc.

73 Ron WZ1V