[VHFcontesting] 2M sprint, plus... 222 and 432 from K1DY, FN54JQ

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:03:06 EDT 2022

Hi all, I operated the first hour of the 2 meter sprint and was sort of surprised. Hepburn was "colorless" and i expected the band to be doorknob-dead. First QSO was W2KV in FN20, next was N3NGE in FN20 both on CW but solid copy. These are 400+ mile paths. Ended up with 11 Q's in 5 grids. I missed a whole lot of easily workable grids. FN42,43,44,32,34,53,FN54 (my own grid).. etc.. I suspect some of these were available on FT8 but I decided to "keep it analog" this time after verifying that everything was working OK. Certainly there were many more stations and grids available after I shut down.. Still a fun hour.

I continue to have a conflict every Tuesday night and don't get home until 9:30 or so.. That said, I will be on the 222 sprint next Tuesday.. So look for me after 9:30 until the end.

432.. I'll be there tonight on 432.100 at 8 and coordinating on ON4KST chat. Point Northeast!!

bill k1DY