[VHFcontesting] For Sale: Custom Rover/EmComm/Field Day Enclosed Trailer Tower

JOHN SWINIARSKI k1or at comcast.net
Mon Apr 10 12:36:57 EDT 2023

Hi all,

For Sale just in time for portable operation season is my custom rover trailer and heavy-duty military grade telescoping mast. Originally built in 2010 for serious VHF/UHF/uW roving on 6 through 24GHz. Trailer was completely refurbished in 2021 in advance of the highly successful FFMA Grid Expedition by N4EME in June 2021 to Maine grids FN57 and FN66.

The trailer is based upon a 6x12 landscape trailer with leveling jacks incorporated. On that sits the 10 meter telescoping mast weighing 350 lbs and the steel framed, aluminum sided 6’x6’ operating enclosure.  I have no specifications on the mast other than is it extremely heavy and rugged. The sections are constructed of stainless steel tube and are raised by a large acme screw within the mast. The screw is driven by a chain and sprocket assembly at the base of the mast which is turned by a ¾ hp 120V motor. The operating enclosure incorporates a 6’ operating desk, 4 Heliax bulkhead feedthus, 220V and 120V power interfaces and distribution, Ethernet and additional RF feedthrus. There is a rugged 2”x2” mounting point welded to the enclosure frame on the roof top for additional antenna etc.

The overhaul in 2021 consisted of inspection and greasing of axle bearings, new tires, butyl taped seams and new rubberized roof coating, resealing of aluminum siding joints, refinished floor with marine grade epoxy paint. Telescoping mast drive screw was greased and new rotor mount fabricated and installed. All trailer lighting was inspected and operational. The trailer performed flawlessly on the FN57/66 2021 trip. Less than 1000 miles were put on it during that trip.  It has been kept under a tarp for most of the time since.

Included in the sale is the trailer, mast and mountings, and the enclosure with interfaces as described. In addition, a spare tire for the trailer, one 7/8” and one ½” Heliax feedlines are included. Not included are any antennas, rotors, communications equipment, ancillary equipment or tow vehicles shown in the pictures. I have in hand the title for the trailer. Trailer is located in Southern NH FN42ir

Link to Trailer photos: Rover trailer https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b7xb5sjql9x6kd4/AAB7Fq0uOv-Scd9UUmoSrlnIa?dl=0

Asking $6,250. This is a fraction of what it would take to recreate this today. Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking.

73, John, K1OR