[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Meteor scatter Sked Request

Chris Lumens chris at lumensoutdoors.org
Thu Aug 10 17:08:53 EDT 2023

>Meteor scatter is great for distances between about 600 miles and 1300
>miles as your signal scatters off ionized trails at about the same
>height as Es clouds, maybe 65 miles above the earth. Best bet seems
>to get on the ping jockey meteor scatter website to look for
>activity. You need a good SW to west horizon.

Because I live down in a bowl surrounded by trees, the only way I can
participate is if I pack stuff up into my truck and sit around in a
parking lot somewhere.

Obviously, I don't want to do that for longer than I have to.

It looks like the peak of the meteors is supposed to be Saturday night
into Sunday morning.  I know we don't really know when the best
operating conditions are going to be, but if I could at least narrow it
down to a couple hours where people are most likely to be operating, I
could plan on being around at the same time.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell