[VHFcontesting] beacon question

Herb Krumich wa2fgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 19:28:54 EST 2023

A friend of mine is studying for his general licenseHe questioned me about beacon frequenciesThe pool asks if there can be two beacons on the same frequency.The answer is "no beacons can be on the same frequency".Now I was wondering if the band in which they are talking about, had anything to do with the answerLets talk 222 mhzThe W3CCX beacon transmit on 222.060Is the FCC saying a beacon in Sunny California cannot transmit on 222.060>Makes no sense to me, but I don't write the rulesHerb K2LNS