[VHFcontesting] K1DS 222 activity night

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 21:55:05 EDT 2024

I went out late to a little hilltop we call "Nike Hill" where apparently there were silos—maybe urban legend—but a spot that I used often for roving when living in Blue Bell PA and close to my previous home in FN20ie. With my vintage IC375, battery powered from the car, 30W and 3el HB "WA5VJB cheap Yagi" I worked the following on SSB. I tried to get on the ON4KST chat page with my smartphone, but the op wasn't smart enough to recall the password!
K3TUF-FN10; WA2VNV-FN30; WA3NUF-FN20; K1WHS-FN43; K1FMS-FM32; WB2SIH-FN31; K1TEO-FN31; WA3DRC-FM28; WC2K-FM29... Also heard in QSO with others were WA2LTM, K1PXE. Missed WZ1V tonight, probably trying to repair that shovel.
Perhaps next week if all works out well, you may hear me from W1OP in FN41. 73 es TNX for a fun evening, Rick K1DS