[VHFcontesting] W3CMP/R Results

CHRISTOP PATTERSON w3cmp at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 09:28:38 EST 2024

Good morning all -

     Spent a pleasant 6 hours on the radio while driving up the I-85 and I-95 corridor yesterday from Apex NC, FM-05 to Lancaster PA FN10.  Station was a Kenwood TM-255A 2 meter multimode  and the antenna was a Hustler 5/8 wl mag mount on the roof of the rental minivan.  Had no great expectations since antenna was vertically polarized and I was running light bulb power.  Surprisingly, I made 11 contacts, and could have had a few more if stations I heard had heard me.  Worked Aaron, W4JST/R FM07 while in a number of grids in VA, K3RZ FM19 from two grids and a few other people.  Most Surprised at how well the thrown together station worked. Got to Lancaster right before 2:00 p.m.
    Now I have to napkin log to readable format and submit.

73,
Chris Patterson W3CMP