[VHFcontesting] BLF278 or MRF151G

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:01:42 EDT 2024

Hi gang,  I have a couple amps here that use BLF278's but now have blown transistors. These old DMOS transistors don't like infinite:1 VSWR apparently... hah hah. In the circuits I have I am quite sure an MRF151G will work too, so I am looking for some parts. I was thinking maybe a damaged pallet or a driver board. Anything where I can salvage a transistor or 2. I will pay what's fair, I just don't want to pay the new price from Digi-Key or other source for a device that is pretty much obsolete. If i was going to pay that, I'd spring for an LDMOS device like a BLF188 and rework the circuit. Anyway, does anyone have something? Thanks

Bill, K1DY