[VHFcontesting] The 222 MHz Fall Sprint K1WHS Summary

chetsubaccount at snet.net chetsubaccount at snet.net
Fri Sep 20 11:56:06 EDT 2024

Hi Dave,

Perhaps we are looking at the contest woes all wrong. Since the expansion of the rules to 14 pages seems to have demotivated VHFers, maybe there are just not enough rules and regs yet, so I propose more changes to expand the breadth of diversity and inclusion. Here goes:

Scoring- count a quarter point for every station heard but not worked. If that station was on CW, make it a half point. This will lower boredom during slow times and encourage timid newbies and SWLs to participate.

Make a scoring choice subcategory that leaves it up to the participant to choose classic or anti-digi, and texts and chat room assistance or not.

Encourage CQing. Score one point for every 10 CQ’s in a row without an answer.

Bonus points that can be claimed if you fixed something or improved your station since the last contest. Suggestions for the list are welcome.

Personalized category overlays. You can create your own when submitting your log. For example, “single op, low power. Windows 10, Middlesex county, 5 antennas or less”! Wow, I am sure to win a printable certificate now. Everyone will be happy.

Any others?

73,
Chet, N8RA