[VHFcontesting] 6m, 2m, 70cm EME

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 07:47:28 EDT 2024

Of the 6, 2, and 70cm bands (those that are most likely to be in a modern HF+ radio), which band has been shown to support EME with the least overall ERP?  I'm thinking "portable EME" where it isn't possible to transport big antennas or a generator to have a kw amp. :-)

Assume that this portable station would target QSOing with only the "top tier" of well equipped DX stations.

I'd be interested in only recent experience rather than "back in the day". Also interested in both CW (human decode) and FTx (machine decode) modes.
How little power and antenna (ERP) has been successful in making EME contact(s) and on what band/mode?