Times in Logging Programs..

Wayne E. Wright w5xd@alum.mit.edu
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 21:59:32 -0000

My opinion is that logging to the nearest second won't prove that someone
is operating two radios illegally, nor will it stop someone who is.

Its not easy, but its possible to log 2 QSOs seconds apart but not
really have worked them that way--just forget to log one while you
work the next and then quickly log the first followed immediately by
the second.  And its also possible to complete two QSOs at the same
time on two separate radios perfectly legally.

On the other side, if you really run two transmitters at the same
time illegally and you know that the log checkers consider
it a violation to log QSOs too close together, then just
post-process your log and stretch out the times.

If the log checkers think that folks have two simultaneous
signals on the air, then, in my opinion, catching them is going to
require something other than logging QSOs to the
second.

Wayne