Networking

Don Hill aa5au@bayouweb.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:03:38 -0600

I have not come across the problem with duped contacts showing up in the
log after resuming a link from one of the computers.  I have ran several
tests with WriteLog, disconnecting each computer from the network, adding
QSO's, re-establishing the link, purposely crashing computers by shutting
them off, etc etc and each time the link is re-established, everything
merged perfectly.

I know I'm not properly set up for networking with WriteLog because I was
not able to fully "add" NetBEUI to either work computer since I do not have
the WIN95 floppies and can't figure out how to make it take the CD ROM.
Wayne specifies that NetBEUI is strongly recommended.  I believe it!

However, I do know that I am satisfied with the network as it is.  I know
it is not working perfectly because my home computer will not work as the
"server".  At this time it does not bother me.  One of these days I'm going
to figure it all out (I hope).  But for now, the ARRL RTTY Roundup is this
weekend and I've got to figure out how to configure the antennas and limited
set of band filters for each radio. hi...

See you this weekend on RTTY!

73, Don AA5AU