BUG in CQP!!!--confirmed

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd@alum.mit.edu
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 02:21:11 -0000

KI0LO found a serious bug in the CQP contest for WL. It is ONLY in
the OUTSIDE CA version. He also points out the solution:

1. If you FIle Save a CQP file, when you File Open it again later, it
doesn't know what contest its for.
2. DO NOT PANIC.
3. With the existing log open, do a FILE NEW
4. Choose CQP outside CA contest--you get an empty log
5.. Do a FILE MERGE
6. select the WL file that has your CQP data in it.

You now have a new log that knows the CQP and has all your old
QSOs in it.

Keep the WL FILE OPEN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CONTEST.

THIS BUG IS ALSO IN THE PA QSO PARTY OUTSIDE PA MODULE.
IT WILL BE FIXED IN VERSION 9.13 RSN.

Thanks also to K5ZD for reporting the problem.

Wayne