[WL-USERS] FT-1000MP & AFSK

Jerry Flanders flanders@groupz.net
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:36:38 -0400

At 10:46 AM 4/10/99 +0100, you wrote:
 I use the 500 hz filters and will soon get the 250 hz
>filters for heavy rtty work.

Doesn't the FT-1000MP have bandpass tuning? With my IC-756, I use the 500
Hz stacked filters at about 300 Hz for RTTY by adjusting the passbands of
the two filters to complement each other.

I used to have the 250 Hz filter and finally sold it off in favor of the
500 because I found the 250 TOO narrow for regular RTTY. The 500 combo, in
combination with the PBT,  is perfect!

Also, the PBT lets me narrow the passband down appropriately for psk31 - I
can use as little as 50 Hz or so when I (rarely) need it, or take it to the
full 500 otherwise.

With PBT, I think the 500 filters are a much more usable choice than the 250s.

Jerry W4UK