[WriteLog] Packet

Greg Clark k9ig@contesting.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:12:41 -0500

I got the CW output working on the comm ports, now I'm trying packet.
Not having much luck.

I have the TNC on comm 8.  My writelog.ini comm entries look like this:

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=1200,n,8,1,x
LPT1=0x378
LPT2=0x278
LPT3=0x0
CommSlot1=5
CommSlot2=6
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

Do I still need to go into Setup Ports and configure comm 8 or is this
entry in the INI file enough?  I can open the packet window and select
comm 8 and then turn the TNC on.  When I do this, I see garbage on the
screen scrolling across.  This I guess is the initialization stuff from
the TNC.  I sure can't read it but I know it's the output of the TNC.  I
checked and the baud rate is 1200/8 bit.

In the COM4:=1200,n,8,1,x line;

What does the n and x stand for?

Any tips for this newbie?

Thanks