[WL-USERS] filtering those spots

Bill w9ol@dataflo.net
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 07:06:32 -0500

Gentleman
The easiest way to eliminate those unwanted cluster spots is to use the
Set/Filter command.
Send the command to your node.

The syntax is:
SET/FILTER/MODE/BAND=(x,x,x) Prefix

To eliminate the unwanted 50 mHz & 145 mHz spots you would send:
Set/filter/band=(6,2) ALL

This will eliminate 6 and 2 meters spots in either mode coming to your tnc.

To eliminate SSB or CW spots coming in while in a rtty contest:
Set/filter/ssb
Set/filter/cw

If the mode is not specified on the command, it defaults to both CW and SSB.

After the contest and you want to return to normal reception of all spots.
Send the command:
SET/NOFILTER

As I do not work UHF, I have put the command, Set/filter/band=(6,2) all, in
my 'USERCMD' file.
This way every time I connect to my cluster, it automatically reads that
USERCMD file and eliminates those spots.

You can do this by following these steps.
Send to your cluster.

UPLOAD/USERCMD W9OL (obviously change that to your call)
You will get a message to enter your commands
type
set/filter/band=(6,2) all
type any other commands such as
set/page 50     (this send you enough info to fill a screen when reading a
dir message or wwv)

then type the 'end' command which is normally 'control z'

You will get the message that your USERCMD file has been saved.

Hope this helps.

Bill

come and visit
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol