[WriteLog] CW thru LPT1 problem

Ron Barthelt n9qqk@urbancom.net
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:05:15 -0500

I'm sending this to both the DX4WIN and WRITELOG reflectors,
and W1WEF.

I'm using the W1WEF Model 1 parallel port interface to key my
radios (an FT-990 and a DX-70).  About a week ago, when
attempting to key the 990 in DX4WIN (v4.07), I got a continuous
key-down condition.  Previously, the interface worked flawlessly.

Once the key-down condition starts, I can unkey the rig by:
   1) Turn the rig off.
   2) Select a different (not CW) mode.

Neither of these help if I want to operate CW.  As soon as I switch
back to CW mode, the rig is keyed.

The only way to clear the key-down in DX4WIN is to re-boot
windows.  Exiting and reloading DX4WIN doesn't help.  The key-
down condition remains.

However, I can load Writelog (v10.18a), and the CW keying works
fine.  If I exit WL, and load DX4WIN, the key-down is still there.

I don't think that the problem is in the radio, as the same thing
happens with the DX-70 hooked up.

Does anyone familiar with both programs have any ideas on what
might be going on here?

Thanks,

Ron - N9QQK