[WriteLog] Re: [DX4WIN] CW thru LPT1 problem

Ron Barthelt n9qqk@urbancom.net
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:34:40 -0500

Thanks for your reply Rog.  It sounds to me like you're using the
serial port.  I'm using LPT1 (the parallel port).  My preferences in
DX4WIN are set for CW via LPT1, so that's not the problem.

I downloaded a "Parallel Port Monitor" program written by a
Mr Fred BulBack (It's a neat little pgm).  It shows Pin 17 going
high to key the line.  However, it stays asserted.  With Writelog, it
gets toggled on and off to send the code.

Also, the problem doesn't seem to be RF related, as it happens on
all bands and even with the VOX off on the FT-990 (no XMIT).
Thanks to N4GI for bringing up that possibility.

I wonder if the VICHW11.VXD driver got trashed somehow.  Does
anyone know if Writelog uses the same driver?  I think I'll try to
install DX4WIN on my backup computer tonight, to see if the
problem goes away with a new install.