[WriteLog] Dupes bands and modes

k0bx@qsl.net k0bx@qsl.net
16 Aug 2000 12:35:32 -0700

Jim, I have the same "Problem" but I think it has more to do with which "contest" you are using.
For general qso's I have been using the "Dxpedition" contest.  I think it has limited rules as was is a dupe and what is not.  It will still log it as a dupe, your not keep score are you?  And when I export it to ADIF both qso's are there, with all the information to be imported into my DXBase2000 logging program.

I think the "Fix" is look at the different contests and find one that uses cw,ssb and fsk all in one contest.
At least that is my idea on the subject.

Joe K0BX

On Wed, 16 August 2000, "The Irvine's" wrote:

> I just worked VK9XY on 21.272 and then jumped to 24.960 to see if I could
> snag him there also. When I double clicked on the spot in the packet window
> everything worked fine except it showed as a dupe of my contact on 21.272.
>
> Frequency is clearly displayed in frequency window as 24.960.  This problem
> is along the lines of working a station on SSB then it shows as a dupe if
> you work him on FSK. If you work a station in either SSB or FSK, and the
> station is subsequently spotted the other mode, it will not show in the
> packet window because Writelog see's it as a dupe.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Jim VE9WH / VE9TTY
> http://ve9wh.weblink.nbtel.net/dxclusters.html
> DX Cluster Telnet sites
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html