[WriteLog] SARTG 2000 KI6DY/0

Bob Ruvolo ki6dy@prodigy.net
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:56:47 -0500

2000
-+- SARTG WW RTTY Contest -+-
Sponsored by the Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group.

CALL: KI6DY/0                                                       Country
USA (W0)

 Single OP., All Band

          QSOs   Points   DX:   Call Areas
80m:   18        175      4       10
40m:   47        465      7       15
20m: 191     2595     49       22
15m: 264     3610     59       22
10m:   50       715     25         6
Total: 570    7560   144       75

Total multipliers: 219
Score:  1655640

Soapbox:

What's wierd about this, my best effort every in SARTG, is that I never
really had what you would call any great runs. Just steady 25-30 QSO's an
hour for the full 24 hours. Thank you to all those low serial number guys
that called the second day. That kept it interesting. Really did a lot of
search and pounce the last four hours, scanning up and down 15 and 10 for
anything that wasn't a dupe. When I look at all the high scores, I can see
my limiting factor was 10 meters. It really never opened here in Kansas. The
signals I did hear there, for the most part, were extremely loud, especially
the Carribean and SA guys. Near the end of the 2nd session, JAs were 20 over
on 10 meters but only heard and worked about 10 of them.

Conditions like this almost make me forget about those days in the mid 90's
when 15 and 10 meter contacts just didn't exist with all out wars taking
place on 20 meters. 15 was a zoo during the 3rd session, with 20 sounding
really mushy.

I'm am not a DXer, but I know for sure that the BY was a first for me on
RTTY, got him on 20 and 15. Only 5 band contact was the HK3 station.

Highlights: All the great DX (over 50% of my QSOs were with EUR) and no
equipment breakdowns. Writelog performed flawlessly as usual and the more I
use this program the more I grow to love it (but I still have that annoying
problem of my own call being highlighted!!)

Lowlights: Missing what would seem to be easy US district mults like W3 on
80 and W9 on 20 and 15.

Won't have time to put in a full effort for SCC, but will see you all in
CQWW next month.

73 de Bob (KI6DY/0)