[WriteLog] USB to multiple serial ports??

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:35:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Mellinger WA0SXV" <wa0sxv@mellinger.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB to multiple serial ports??

> I have found three sources for a multiple serial port USB device:
>
> 1.  Comtrol Rocketport.  4 ports but supports on 7 or 8 bit data so won't
> handle FSK keying.  It is on back-order at most places.
>
> 2.  www.connecttech.com Their White Heat product does 4 ports, supports
5,6,
> 7, 8 bits.  They have not replied to email after 24hours.  Not sure where
> buy.

Mike, I looked at their website - Looked like it was $300+ dollars!!  ? Did
I miss something?  That makes the Rocketports look cheap!  HI

> 3.  www.svbus.com Silicon Valley Bus.  4 ports.  Not clear about less than
7
> data bits.  They also have not replied to email after 24 hours.  Order
> direct.
>
> I gave up for now and ordered another Rocketport PCI for my new machine.
> I'll worry about getting the USB version later.

Nobody's mentioned ByteRunner yet - Do they have a USB-serial?  I'll look
tonight.  I've posted before about problems with their PCI card, but I
thought I remembered that their ISA card was OK in general and OK for FSK as
well.  Maybe they also have a suitable USB-serial adaptor...

And Mike - QSL's in the mail today!  Wanna try for 160M??   :-)