[WriteLog] USB to multiple serial ports??

k0bx@qsl.net k0bx@qsl.net
24 Aug 2000 08:12:14 -0700

You know all of this is good discussion.  The USB does not support 5 level code so it will not work with the soundcard rtty and FSK.  But also, for us older folks, if anyone is using WF1B or Writelog with a DUMB terminal, ST-6 or such, it will not work either.  When I wrote my first rtty program for the ST-6 and IBM PC, I used the UART chip in the comport to receive the 5 level code.

I guess what will happen when the comports go away, is that someone will have to come up with a hardward or software solution for converting the 8 to 5 and 5 to 8 level code.

Joe K0BX

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html