[WriteLog] Example of multiple bandmaps posted

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:23:52 -0500

I have posted a screen shot of an example of the use of multiple
bandmaps at http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/view_of_the_contest.htm

I got the first bandmap as usual.  For all subsequent maps, I always
clicked on the File Menu at the TOP of the bandmap (NOT by
right-clicking on the map - Right-clicking brings up the same menu, but
it doesn't work, at least not all the time for all choices).  Select New
View, then resize, and set the font, color, and center frequency as you
prefer.

You can get your spots from the WL Telnet feature.  I happened to get
those shown using DX Telnet connected to the N9BMS AR-Cluster and then
issuing a sh/fdx/100 command to "fill the bandmap".  DX Telnet links FB
with Writelog (and DX4WIN) and offers extensive filtering options as
well as the ability to be linked to multiple RF and Internet sites
without duplicate spots.

If you have a photographic memory, maybe YOU can "see" the contest just
by looking at the packet window, but the multiple bandmap windows sure
gives a neat "view of the contest" all at once and is especially nice if
you have 2 monitors and could keep the bandmaps on their own monitor.
(Remember all those cheap monitors stacked up at the last hamfest you
attended?)  ;-)

Hope this is helpful to anyone that hasn't seen it this way.  73

WA9ALS - John
   email:  jfleming@shelbynet.net
homepage:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als
 logbook:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/search.htm