Odp: [WriteLog] Writelog's ADIF to Dx4Win?

Pawel, SP7PS (ex SP7NMW) Pawel, SP7PS (ex SP7NMW)" <sp7nmw@bonus.com.pl
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:49:58 -0000

Eric,

See my suggestion for import ADIF from WriteLog to ADIF. I hope it helps.

found very easy way to convert WL file into DX4WIN with information you
want to import.

Do this steps:

1. In WriteLog save the file in ADIF format.
2. Open this "adif" file in any editor (e.g. Notepad, but better in MS WORD)
3. Find the feature "SEARCH AND REPLACE" (usually CTRL-F)

And now, if you want to fill the field STATE in DX4WIN you should do the
following:

4. In SEARCH put exactly: <QTH:2>
5. In REPLACE put: <state:2>

This procedure will replace all QTH strings with STATE. And after import you
have STATE in right place, not in the NOTES for this QSO.

If you wish to delate serial number received (it shows in "NOTES FOR THIS
CALL" field for all not USA contacts after import to DX4WIN) do this:

6. Open WORD for WINDOWS software (NOTEPAD does not see special keys)
7. In SEARCH put: <QTH:3>^#^#^#
8. In REPLACE put: empty (do not fill it) - it will replace serial number
with NO information

If you received 1 digit number, you should put <QTH:1>^#, if 2 digits serial
number write <QTH:2>^#^# and for 4 digits <QTH:4>^#^#^#^#

But if you want to put received serial number from DX station, in REPLACE
put <SRX:1> or <SRX:2> or <SRX:3>

In case you want to add ANY INFORMATION to field "NOTES FOR THIS QSO" add to
each contact in ADIF file the line:
<COMMENT:??>XXXXXX    - ?? means the number of XX letters (e.g. if I want to
add my contest callsign SN7N to NOTES I write <comment:4>SN7N. The only
problem is, how to add this string to each of the records (QSOs). It is also
easy.

9. In SEARCH write: <EOR>  - end of record
10. In REPLACE put: <COMMENT:4>SN7N <EOR>  it will add your comment before
end string.

The way I show you is easy and better then built your own filters in DX4WIN.

GL and see you in contests with UFB software as is WriteLog.

Pawel, SP7PS (ex SP7NMW) / SN7N in contests