[WriteLog] Friends.ini

Bob Henderson bob@cytanet.com.cy
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 02:58:57 +0300

Further to my earlier posting on this subject, I have spent some time trying
to nail the problem down further.  This is what I have found.

The intermittent nature of the problem is not related to the speed of
sending CW as such but more to how WL is used at different CW speeds.  The
key issue appears to be........if a complete call is entered before pressing
return, then WL sends the name from friends.ini (so long as a name exists
for the call) as part of the exchange.  However, if return is pressed with
only a partial call in the call field then the call completed in time for it
to be sent in full, the name for that call is not sent.

I think I can see what is happening here.......Pressing return triggers the
look up in friends.ini such that any letters typed after return is pressed
are ignored for that purpose and hence the name related to the full call is
not sent.  Makes sense to me.....

Wayne/Ron this is my question............

If I am correct in my assumption that look-up in friends.ini is triggered by
pressing the return key, is it possible to cause the look-up to be
re-triggered on any subsequent alteration of the call field during the "red
box" period such that if a name related to the call is found in time it will
be inserted into the exchange as defined in the relevant message memory?

73

Bob Henderson
5B4AGN/ZC4ZM/G3ZEM etc