[WriteLog] WinRTTY AFC Problem/Feature?

Joe Duerbusch jduerbusch@netscape.net
6 Feb 00 10:45:32 CST

During the Rtty Roundup I had the opportunity to use the new WinRtty in a
contest.  I was quite supprised how good it copies.  Way better than the
earlier versions.  When I was calling CQ and running stations I tried the AFC.
 It worked very well.  But I had one problem.

When I captured a callsign and was in the entry screen, the "Check mark" in
the AFC box would be unchecked.  When I then tried to get the report, I had to
screen was empty of a call, the "Check Mark" in the AFC box reappeared?

I assume that once you selected a station, you might not want the AFC to grab
someone else before the exchange is completed.  But it sure was a pain to
either grab the rit and find the guy before you lost the exchange or use the
mouse to re-click the AFC Box.

So is this a feature or a problem?

Joe K0BX
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx