[WriteLog] stereo or monaural afsk

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@dataflo.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:48:33 -0600

I have WL working fine in mono afsk, receive and transmit.
Doesn't seem to stutter any more.
Do have one question.
I use a MP and take the audio/data out and connect it to "Line In".
I presently use a mono plug.
I notice that the decode is dependent on which way the slider for the Volume
Control is positioned.
I obviously have it on the Left Channel as moving the slider to the right
causes the decode to drop out.
Is this proper or should I be using a stereo connector with both left and
right tied together.
If I was to get another radio I though each should go to separate channel.

I still can't go from stereo afsk to mono afsk.
I loose decode.
I have to reboot and then the sound card is restored and I can receive and
send mono afsk again.
Somehow my soundcard will not transfer back to mono after WL has been in
stereo afsk.
The soundcard is a Creative AWE Value.
Strange.
Also....If I choose mono FSK, I only get a solid tone.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong there?

Good luck in the contest and don't worry about this as I will stick to mono
afsk with the MP in the contest as this is working well.

Bill
Age doesn't always bring wisdom.  Sometimes age comes alone.
Bill
homepage at
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol