Fw: [WriteLog] 10.14 problems

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:07:02 -0500

I can CONFIRM Don's comments, and it has driven me to the point I don't
think I can make a serious effort at this point.  With practice you can
work around part of it, but something's wrong.

1.  Sound card decoding stops - I haven't figured out what makes this
happen yet.  Restarting Writelog doesn't fix it - you have to reboot the
computer as Don said - REAL FUN!  The first time it happened to me was
when I ws first setting up, and I thought it was something about my
cables etc.  NOT!  REBOOT fixes it.

2.  Hang on transmit - This has something to do with ALT-K I think.  If
you use ALT-K, and then stop it by hitting ESC - it doesn't always leave
transmit.  Sometimes the ALT-K window will appear and I will be typing
away - THEN look up and see that the window is blank to my horror!  If I
click in it the FOCUS will be back and I can then leave by hitting ALT-K
again.  However, sometimes it hangs in transmit AND THE ALT-K WINDOW IS
NOT VISIBLE!  I'm probably not describing this accurately, but there's a
problem with it as Don and I have tried to describe. FWIW, mine has
never hung at the end of a transmit buffer, and I've learned how to
"work around" the hung transmit if I notice it fast enough.  IT'S
ANOTHER "FOCUS" PROBLEM OF SOME SORT, I THINK.

AND NOW A 3rd one - I can't document the EXACT specifics of this yet,
but - Depending upon what's clicked upon in the RttyRite window, the
cursor in the ENTRY window ends up in various places.  FIRST - click
CALLSIGN - cursor moves to middle of 599 (OK) - then click on serial
number - If the cursor then moves to the beginning of the COUNTRY
window, hitting the next buffer key works fine.  HOWEVER, sometimes the
cursor goes elsewhere in the ENTRY window and when you press the next
buffer key, you do NOT go into transmit mode - After you crap your pants
seeing that there's just silence, you can madly click the cursor back to
the end of the callsign in the ENTRY window and hit the buffer again and
out it goes that time.

As Don said - Apologies to those that I left hanging - or rather, SRI to
those that I hung out with too long or couldn't come back to!  I hope
others will confirm this so that Wayne will take a look at these issues
before the next release.

WA9ALS - John  jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als