[WriteLog] writelog+ft1000 ?

Frank fmate@uswest.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:22:47 -0800

Hi all:
    I have been using writelog since version 9 and presently using version
10.14E. Everything worked OK on an old kenwood rig I used to have and I
recently acquired a yaesu ft1000 with a fif-232c interface.
   What seems to be happening is that I lose communication between the
ft1000 and computer after about 20 minutes and this causes writelog to lock
up.
   I am also using an Entrega hub with two usb ports and four serial ports.
I have the ft1000 on serial 6.
   I have configured writelog.ini file for serial 6 (rig) to 4800 baud, 8
bits, 2 stop bits, and no parity and I also have it set the same way in My
computer, properties, device manager, ports, com6, properties, port setting
under Win98.
I believe the problem may be in writelog's ini file, possibly the "Rig Poll
Rate" and Bandmap Timeout" settings. I also will be using writelog
(computer) to send cw to the rig on serial 5, can this be set to
9600,8,1,none or does it also need to be the same as rig control? Any help
of feedback would be appreciated, tnx Frank