[WriteLog] Writelog with HAL ST8000 - Is that the Ultimate?

Raj raj@logicresources.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:35:38 -0700

I did have the wideband decode on. I didn't pay as much
attention to it if I had just been using winrtty alone. One
thing that I did notice though is that there seems to be a
bit of a delay on the stuff coming through on the wideband
decode, or is this just my imgination. The one time that I
really noticed it (I think maybe I was too tired) was I had
just finished sending my TU QRZ and the station I had
worked, his exchange was just coming through the wideband
decoder. So I don't know if this was lack of sleep or really
the case.

Anyway, given the cost of another TNC and fooling around
with serial ports, I think I am going to try it with two
rasdios. I understand that you can split left and right
sound channels to feed two radios.

The next thing I noticed is that the tuning is much more
responsive. I last tried it with ver 8 and 9 and had a hard
time tuning stations in. Now its a snap. No lag, no
overshoot.
73
Raj VE6RAJ