[WriteLog] IOTA Contest (Support this year)

Ron k5dj@writelog.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:15:15 -0400 (EDT)

 Hello Everyone, I just sent update 10.18B to all beta testers
 yesterday evening. In 10.18B update we have added IOTA support,
 we shouldn't have major problems getting it to you for this
 years IOTA test. When I returned from Friedrichshafen I told
 my partner how just how many of you wanted IOTA contest
 supported. I really didn't think it would be possible for him
 to get it out in time for this years test. However it has been
 added. My personal thanks goes to Wayne (my partner) for finding
 time to get this done. He has a real (high pressure) real job
 that takes a lot of his time.  I think '00 IOTA test is on Jul
 29th and 30th this year. I will post 10.18B on the reflector and
 on our web page as soon as I get the word all is well. Maybe
 sooner. hi :-)

 RigBlaster support: 10.18B has these mew features:
 Put PTT signal on RTS line if using "PC Generates" CW on COMM
 port. We think this will make it work better with RigBlaster.
 But we are not 100% sure.  I have a RigBlaster on the way now.
 This should help my partner fix any problems that may be found.

 All new features and fixes in 10.18B are below:

 Added IOTA contest.
 Add West Central Florida section.
 Add support for Antenna to this Azimuth.
 Put PTT signal on RTS line if using "PC Generates" CW on
 COMM port.
 Timed CQ will accept a decimal point and tenths of a second.
 The "Headphone Latch" command now stays on until turned off,
 and activates the headphone latch on all transmissions.
 File Import now reads ADIF files instead of TQF files.
 The sending of the %C message while the cursor is in the CALL
 field stops waiting after the call is sent.
 Fix ANARTS scoring.

 As I said above I will post 10.18B a.s.a.p.
 IARU test is already supported, All Asia & UBA contests will
 be added a.s.a.p.

 See you in IARU test,

  73, de Ron K5DJ