[WriteLog] More On "What did I do to cause this"

Ron Kenwood rkenwood@erols.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:53:43 -0400

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. They served to eliminate a lot of
possible causes.

A little playing with the situation revealed that the error in frequency
being reported by Writelog was a divide by 16 error. When the display on the
radio said 14,000, the program said 875. It followed band by band. Tune 16
khz and Writelog changed 1 khz.

Among the suggestions were

Radio was in memory mode. Not the case.

Port had to be set to 4800 baud, 2 stop bits. Manually doing so had no
effect.

Radio needs to be reset. No effect except that now I have to re-do the #%^&*
settings.

Radio not on the right port. It was.

What finally fixed it.

Uninstalling Writelog, deleting everything on the disk relating to Writelog
except the logs and reinstalling everything from the ground up.

In retrospect, I suspect that deleting writelog.ini might have done the
trick, but I don't know if doing that would force the program to re-build it
or simply cause it to go toes up.

I am still very curious as to what caused this. If the further information
gives anyone a clue, I will like to here from you.

Again, thanks for all the help.

73, Ron
W3ZV