[[WriteLog] CW with pk232]

Joe Duerbusch jduerbusch@netscape.net
18 Jul 00 13:08:56 CDT

Brad, I wrote an article on how to do this and I had it on my webpage.  But
now that Writelog has CW using the soundcard, there didn't seem to be a need
anymore so I took it off.  But would be glad to send you the article.

But a better way is to run a audio line out of the pk-232 to the mike input of
your soundcard.  This way you can use the pk-232 for rtty and the soundcard
for cw receive.  You would still have to makeup the little cw keying circuit
for transmit.  BTW, the article that I have, the pk-232 will receive cw within
Writlog, but will not key the rig via the pk-232, you will still need the cw
interface circuit.

Joe K0BX

"Brad Nowak" <bnowak@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Has anyone had luck with CW using pk232?  I am able to get Writelog to
initialize with the pk232 but can't seem to run CW.  Seems the TNC stays in
packet mode and I can't find a way to change mode to CW.  Please forgive the
possible FAQ.

Suggestions??

Brad - N8SNM

Joe Duerbusch K0BX