[WriteLog] Turtle Beach Montego

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:34:20 +0000

Hi all,

Just getting back after long downtime for ham radio. Have new computer in
ham shack that comes with Turtle Beach Montego sound card. I recall someone
else sent messages about this card some time ago but I can not find it in
my archieves back to a year ago.

Any one using one?  I have spent most of day trying to get it to work with
Writelog - which I just upgraded to Version 10.16 also. I can get RTTY to
decode ok. I finally got afsk to run with enough gain to properly drive
transmitter (FT1000MP). But can not get SSB to work.

The Heil mike goes into the sound board. The Microsoft Recorder can record
my voice. And if I manually switch the sound board controls I can get mike
audio to the transmitter. But I can not get any SSB keying nor will
Writelog play any of the wave files. (The wave files properly modulate the
transmitter when Writelog is not in the loop).

Tomorrow I will got back to basics and follow the help files thru to set up
SSB.

I don't understand about the name change for wave files. I ran the little
batch file to change all Fn.wav files to msgn.wav per installation note.
But what about files like f3a.wav and f3b.wav??? Then I see someones note
that says Writelog still plays Fn.wav files??? What gives???

Jerry, W6IHG