[WriteLog] Networking Problem

Michael Joens joens@thecia.net
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:22:26 -0400

I'm trying to network two computers for Field Day, but without success. The
network is running ok, but WL won't connect.

Immediately after I link the two PC's, they loose the connection. I
followed the instructions exactly. The two computers see each other's files
fine. I created a FD.wl file after "setup register to accept network
connections" and use copies thereof on both PC's. In the link window each
computer sees the correct letter of the other and appears to link, but
looses the link right after establishing it.

What could possibly be wrong? I'm running WL 10.17F. Available protocols
are tcpip, ipx/spx and netbeui (the latter due to the instructions in WL,
netork runs fine without it). Both systems have Pentium processors and are
running Win98. The computer names in WL match their respective Windows
setups. I ran netsetv9 on both PC's but that did not help, either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael, K1JE