[WriteLog] Erratic Diddles...

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:09:10 -0500

Playing with RTTY using the sound card in my PC in preparation for Field
Day. I normally use my DXP-38 but don't want to lug it out to the FD site...

I notice that the diddling is not constant but very erratic - seems to
diddle about 3 or 4 times, then a long space tone, then another set of
diddles. Running the 10.17F version of RTTYRite9 alone (outside of
WriteLog) on my P5-166 with 84MB of RAM. No other apps are running. It
seems to be slightly less erratic when I minimize the tuning indicator. It
also seems to "surge" when sending text from the typeahead buffer - it's
not constant like it should be.

Ran a quick test on my other machine - 433 Celeron - and it does the same
thing. So methinks it's not a lack of processor power...

Is anyone else seeing this? Seems like it has the potential to be pretty
obnoxious during a contest.

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com