[WriteLog] ADIF and the FO0

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 21:09:43 -0500

A bad thing happened, and I think I'm outa luck, but here's a convoluted
question, if you're up for it:

1.  I worked FO0AAA on RTTY before the contest sometime, I think on 15M,
and I logged it as usual with DX4WIN.

2.  Friday night I played around in the contest just using DX4WIN and
it's packet spotting features, and during that session I found and
logged the FO0 on 17M.  All together I logged 22 Q's Friday night.
(Just messing around, remember?)

3.  Then Saturday I wanted to have more fun, and I wanted to use
Writelog, so I manually logged the 22 Friday QSO's into Writelog.  It
took the FO0AAA on a freq of 18 MHz, but marked it with a red "B".

4.  I worked the FO0 again today on 10M SSB.  So now I have him on RTTY,
and then on 17 and 10 SSB.

5.  Then tonight I did an ADIF export from Writelog, and then I imported
that ADIF file into DX4WIN.

6.  Confounding findings:

- The Writelog ADIF export shows the 17M contact on a freq of 18 MHz,
but a band of 20M!  (It shows up this way BOTH in the actual ADIF file
AND in DX4WIN.  In other words, DX4WIN imported it properly, but the
ADIF file is incorrect as exported by Writelog.

- WORSE, my RTTY contact with the FO0 has disappeared altogether!  There
were no warnings or questions during the import.  For duplicate QSOs,
which there shouldn't have been any, the DX4WIN import was set to "ISSUE
WARNING AND STOP".

For the DX4WIN users:  Why did the FO0AAA QSO disappear when the SSB Q's
were imported?

For the Writelog users:  Why did it log an 18 MHz contact as 20M?  I
realize this is stretching the program a little, since 17M wasn't in the
contest.  I guess Writelog figured I *MUST* have meant 20M.  HI

No, I don't have a backup file with the RTTY Q in it, ie I didn't backup
after I worked him on RTTY!

SRI bandwidth - If you got this far, THANKS!

WA9ALS - John  jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als